What if we told you that unwanted body hair, never-ending razor burns, and painful plucking or waxing procedures can be left in the past with professional laser hair removal in Toronto from IGBeauty Laser & Skin Clinic? Unlike shaving, chemical hair removers, or plucking, laser hair removal yields long-term to permanent results, ensuring that your skin is ALWAYS smooth and flawless, regardless of how busy life may get. In addition, unlike sugaring or waxing, the laser treatment is virtually painless with no downtime.
At IGBeauty Laser & Skin Clinic, we use the latest laser hair removal technologies that no longer require you to undergo treatments for a long period of time. As such, we typically recommend only 5 to 7 sessions with our GentleMax Pro® or LightSheer® Duet™ lasers. In order to understand where these numbers come from, you need to know the science behind laser hair removal.
How Laser Hair Removal in Toronto Works
Laser hair removal works by using a focused beam of light at a specific wavelength to target melanin, the pigment found in the skin and hair. Melanin is most prevalent at the base of the hair, around the hair follicle. The high energy laser beam heats up the follicle, which causes the hair to permanently fall out in 1 to 2 weeks after the treatment.
It is, therefore, understandable why laser hair removal in Toronto is most effective on individuals with light skin and dark hair – it is simply easier for the light to focus on its target. However, the technology never stops evolving, and there are lasers now that are successful with darker skin as well.
Laser Hair Removal Depends on Your Hair Growth Cycle
Growth Cycle of Hair
Any hair on your face or body has three fundamental stages of growth: the active growth phase (Anagen), the regression or transitional phase (Catagen), and the resting phase (Telogen)
- When the hair is in the Anagen phase, the cells in the hair follicle continuously divide to produce new hair fibres, while the follicle itself gets “buried” deep into the skin to provide sufficient nourishment to the hair. The Anagen phase can last anywhere between 1 to 4 years, and is followed by the regression or Catagen phase.
- The Catagen phase lasts approximately 2 weeks. During this period, the follicle shrinks and pushes the hair upwards, detaching it from the blood supply.
- Finally, during the Telogen stage or the resting phase, the hair follicle remains dormant. This phase lasts between 1 and 4 months until, at some point, the follicle begins to grow again, causing the old hair to be shed. Within a few weeks, the new hair will appear again, bringing the cycle back to the Anagen phase.
Various Factors Determine the Number of Sessions Required
The growth cycle plays a significant role in laser hair removal in Toronto, as laser treatment is only effective on the hair that is in the active growth phase, when the melanin is most abundant. Not all of the hair is in the same growth stage at the same time, and, therefore, during a single treatment, only a certain percentage of hair follicles will be targeted. It is necessary to repeat the treatment when the rest of the hair completes the cycle and returns to the active growth stage.
The length of the cycle largely depends on the area of the body. However, it is also important to understand that hair growth will vary from person to person. All of the following factors will determine the number of required sessions and the length of time between them:
- Hair density. It makes sense: the denser the hair on the treated area, the more sessions will be required for complete laser hair removal in Toronto.
- New growth. Some hair follicles lie dormant for years. It is possible that during the treatment, these follicles may be stimulated, causing new hair to grow.
- Hair re growth. In case some follicles survive the treatment, some hair may re grow back.
- Individual reaction. Unfortunately, it is impossible to determine in advance how effective the treatment will be for any individual. However, experienced laser technicians at IGBeauty will help design an optimal treatment plan for any individual to achieve the best possible result.
Get Permanently Smooth Skin with IGBeauty Laser & Skin Clinic
Laser hair removal does not work by magic - but it surely yields magical results! At IGBeauty Laser & Skin Clinic, we use advanced technologies that make laser hair removal in Toronto safe and effective for people with all skin tones. One of our laser technologies is the GentleMax Pro® series laser, which combines a 755nm Alexandrite laser for treating lighter skin tones with a 1064nm Nd:YAG laser – the laser of choice for darker skin types. TheGentleMax Pro®series includes a patented Dynamic Cooling Device, which uses liquid cryogen to minimize discomfort during the procedure. A variety of available spot sizes makes the GentleMax Pro®o laser extremely effective for virtually anyone.
Another laser that we use at IGBeauty Laser & Skin Clinic is the LightSheer® Duet™ laser system. This system uses an 805nm diode laser with customizable presets to successfully treat people with any skin phototype, hair colour, and hair texture. LightSheer® Duet™ treatments can also be complemented by additional cooling technologies, which are especially helpful for clients with dark skin.
Contact IGBeauty for Top Quality Laser Hair Removal Services
Being lazy from time to time is normal. You don’t want to wake up earlier or spend extra time in the shower just to shave, and we understand that. That is why at IGBeauty, we do our best to offer the most professional laser hair removal in Toronto and use the latest technologies on the market to ensure optimal results. During a free consultation, our experienced laser technicians will evaluate your skin and hair type and develop a personalized treatment plan to achieve permanently smooth, flawless skin.
Visit https://www.igbeauty.com/service/laser-hair-removal to learn more or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a free consultation.