Nothing has quite the same liberating effect than Brazilian laser hair removal. With its confidence-boosting effect and unmatched convenience, you can feel your best after only a few treatments at a trusted laser clinic in Toronto. Following all the correct steps during the process is essential to ensure optimal results. Prepare for each appointment by wearing the proper clothing and taking the necessary pre-appointment steps. At IGBeauty, we aim to provide our patients with the most comfortable experience possible. We offer many services, such as acne facials and laser hair removal in Toronto. Visit our website or visit our clinic today to learn more.
Find out what the best clothing is to wear to your laser hair removal appointments below.
Why Wear Loose Clothing
It’s essential to minimize as much irritation as possible after your treatment. Tight clothing doesn’t allow the skin to breathe and heal properly, creating friction and rubbing against the skin, causing irritation. Choose loose fabric pants instead of tight skinny jeans, especially if you have things to do after your appointment. Optimal breathability is essential, especially for Brazilian laser hair removal, as sensitive areas are easily irritable.
It’s best to avoid synthetic fabrics as they tend to trap heat against the skin, causing excess sweating. Sweat can cause irritation, as it contains bacteria that can negatively affect the healing process of the treated area. Opt for fabrics such as cotton and linen to allow airflow to the treated area. Overall, it’s crucial to come comfortable with your laser hair removal in Toronto, as even though it’s almost painless, we want you to feel as comfortable as possible during your session.
Aftercare for Laser Hair Removal
To obtain the best possible results from laser hair removal, these steps should be taken, along with wearing loose clothing.
- Using a cold press: Apply an ice pack to the treated area to reduce swelling and redness, which is expected to occur immediately after the appointment.
- Cleaning: For the first 48 hours, clean the area with mild soap and water. Once cleaned, pat dry, do not rub.
- No lotion/moisturizer: Do not apply moisturizers or any products to the treated area unless instructed by your technician within the first 24 hours. Chemicals in these products can cause irritation in the skin.
- Avoid the sun: avoiding the sun will prevent the development of dark and light spots.
- Avoid touching: Don’t pick, wax, tweeze or scratch the area, as that can interfere with the healing process to achieve the best results.
Laser Hair Removal in Toronto with IGBeauty
IGBeauty is the place to go when in search of non-surgical cosmetic procedures. We have a treatment for you for whatever body part you aim to target, whether it’s your face or your legs. Our laser hair removal team seeks to provide the best possible services to our male and female patients. With advanced technology and expert advice, we provide excellent results too. Established in 2010, we are one of the leading laser hair removal clinics in Toronto, our team is made up of registered nurses, expert aestheticians, and technicians. Don’t hesitate to contact us today to book an appointment and feel better in your own skin.