Laser hair removal has become one of the most popular procedures for removing unwanted body hair. It has become the ideal alternative to waxing, shaving, and a variety of other traditional options. But although technology advances have greatly improved the procedure and results, great care should be taken before and after. Because the skin is our “defense barrier” (against UV rays, germs, and bacteria), it’s important to handle it with care. It can take a lot of punishment, but it still needs care, especially after laser hair removal.
At IGBeauty Studio, trained clinicians make a point of educating patients about laser hair removal. They explain the procedure; the pros and cons; the preparation before treatment; and the necessary care after treatment. As a method of permanent hair removal, the procedure really kills hair follicles, so it’s important to consider all of the ramifications. In fact, skin colour and hair colour play an important part, and in some cases, laser hair removal is not appropriate. At IGBeauty Studio, clients are well advised and well counseled.
Today, laser hair removal is safer, more effective, and long lasting than in years gone by. There are few after-effects with laser treatments, but some redness and swelling may occur. This is normal, and similar to the look and feel of sunburn. These symptoms should dissipate after several hours (maximum several days). But what’s important is personal care – it’s vital for skin health, at any age, and for both men and women.
- its wise to avoid hot showers, sauna sessions, and steam rooms for two days after treatment
- when necessary, an ice-pack can be used on treated skin in order to reduce any residual pain
- with some exceptions, its better not to put on regular make up for a few days after treatment
- post treatment, do not tan for two weeks, and as a general rule, always use sunscreen – SPF30
- the treated area should be gently cleansed twice daily – without using any irritating products
- take a break from physical exercises (at least until skin redness has had a chance to clear up)
- when several laser sessions are planned, its important to appropriately space out treatments
- after treatment, the skin is quite susceptible to direct sunlight – definitely avoid the exposure
- first-timers must take particular care (pre-treatment and post-treatment advice is valuable)
With laser hair removal, several treatments are usually recommended. This is because not all body hair is at the same stage of growth, at the same time. The clinicians at IGBeauty Studio will recommend the proper number of treatments for the best results. And whether its 5, 6 or 7 treatments, a healthy schedule will also be recommended (6-8 week intervals). More importantly, every client should understand that there are a variety of factors that affect personal outcomes – skin color, hair color, hair thickness, and even age.
At IGBeauty Studio, clients can be assured of the highest quality treatment, with a team of trained specialists. The staff is proficient with the modern technologies, the latest treatments, and the newest products.